Returning Fire Hero Family members are the best source of support for new families attending the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial Weekend for the first time.
The Foundation invites families of fallen firefighters honored in previous years to attend and volunteer at the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial Weekend. Many of you have attended the events and know how special and healing the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial Weekend is for the fire service family.
Travel Day & Returning Family Dinner
New Family Welcome
- Welcome new Fire Hero Families at Family Registration
- Helping families create a luminary bag in memory of their firefighter
- Assist families in making a rubbing of their loved one's name on the Memorial plaque
- Serve in the Memorial Weekend store
- Before dinner, volunteers will share Memory stones with new Fire Hero Families.